Wednesday 1 July 2009

Not too late

Before I start any work in the morning, I make sure I scan through a list of blogs. It doesn't matter if there are no updates, just clicking to check gives me enough satisfaction. It's a routine, almost an addiction like the way I don't come to life until I have my first cuppa of the day.

Over the years, I have endeared myself to some bloggers and became friends. I've seen them fall in love, fall out of love, get hitched or divorced, move house, have babies, eat good food and so on. Some of us have met in Singapore and other parts of the world.

Sadly, some of the bloggers who used to bring me inspiration and joy every morning simply fall off the blogging bandwagon. Day by day, I check and see no updates, then their blogs simply disappear altogether. It's sad, almost like a break-up but one learns that it is part and parcel of blogging.

A blog is afterall someone's personal diary. It's a privilege to be able to peek into the life and thoughts of a blogger. The writer has the power to thrill or charm the readers or shut them off completely at his own will.

When I started blogging, I didn't know how long I could last. It has been 2.5 years and I'm still going strong. That surprises me because I could never sustain my interest in something for that long. Readers would have noticed I had stopped doing things that I was once crazy about.

Remember the time I took up sailing? Well, that phase is over. I've stopped running in marathons too (and is now suffering from the consequences). I brought out an old belt this morning and found that it could no longer fit my waist (by alot!). Gasp!!

I had better do something about that expanding wasitline before I turn into a whale. One thing I'm happy about is I haven't stopped writing. Maybe writing is really my passion. I started writing 25 years ago, then I stopped for some years and I'm back at it again. It must be something that I love doing very much. I also realise that writing is easy now, like second nature.

So if your kids don't know what they are good at, you can't blame them. It took me 25 years to realise that I enjoy writing. I guess it's never too late.

14 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

psst, no scared, sister. i is can share chromium GTF with u, a supplement. have u tried it b4? in case u haven't, below is a synopsis......

it helps to turn fats + carbs + protein in our diet into useful energy quickly + regulate blood sugar via the insulin route. along the way, its help firm up the muscles a little (if want more then needs weight exercises), it's an essential supplement used by atheletes wordwide.

the formula i used is the more body friendly one, chromium GTF, not chromium picolinate. studies show tat using chromium in large quantities = adverse effects on body. the ones i'm using isn't large by standards = very safe.

chromium is a mineral needed by the body but so far, no concrete study has shown exactly how much the body needs to be in the optimal = i bought the lowest dosage off the shelves.

i is now eating 100 mcg a day, by cutting half of the 200 daily. i've pill cutter from my pill popping days. supplements lah. hehehehehe......

** i was a supplement freak in the heydays of working in the organic + supplement food industry.

if u interested, lemme know, i bring some over to our Cheena Tea Party meet up for ya! =)))

** i relied on this to get rid of the Yunnan fats when i got back. LOL

k@Ye_ said...

Wow.. no wonder ah fry so slim!!

Ting, u where got FAT!!!!! Me is then fat, moi spare tyre is Claire's fave playground!!!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That's good to know cos yours is one of the blogs taht I drop by that has an update almost daily :D

Petunia Lee said...

You write so beautifully too. I so much enjoyed the blog on making rain.

Blur Ting said...

Fry - Thanks but I have no discipline when it comes to taking supplements. I'll do some exercise instead.

Blur Ting said...

Kaye- I think we ladies are never truly happy with our own figure!

Blur Ting said...

Nick - Thank you for your support!

Blur Ting said...

Petunia - Thanks for the mutual admiration :-)

Amel said...

Yes, I agree that it's never too late. And when I started blogging, I was SO passionate (esp. 'coz back then I was always at home). Now the passion has dwindled, but I've known so many people through blogging that I just want to continue...plus there are also so many positive effects of blogging, too. :-))))

Amel said...

Oh, and I agree with the other commentator that you write beautifully and you do have talent in writing. :-))) GOOD LUCK with your e-book!!!

huier said...

when/if i dun see a new post for the day...i would be thinking to myself...hmmm..Ting must be either meeting her clients or ferrying her mom to the docs...she'll be back!!! =))see how i've become addicted to u liao! haha!

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Oh no, I like reading your blog too! I must admit there are days when I don't feel like writing but then I get back on track rather quickly.

Blur Ting said...

Huier - He he, thank you for being my fan :-)

Amel said...

Oh yeah...just one thing I wanna say...you're an avid writer. I'm amazed at the amount of writing you've written in this blog. :-))))

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...