Sunday 19 July 2009

The weekend

I was so tired and lethargic on Saturday (it's that time of the month), I practically did nothing all day. Then suddenly I woke up to a whole mountain of chores on Sunday! Thank goodness I had regained my vitality and tackled them throughout the day.

In fact, after I loaded the last set of bedsheets into the washer, the boys and I popped by best friend's place to help her pack our gardening products. We're taking part in a funfair next Sunday to help raise funds for the church. It will be the first time we're launching our product.

We had been busy getting our act together all of last week. While I'm in charge of design and printing, best friend is an expert in production. Hand in hand, we've managed to put together a decent product.

Everything is done in the backyard for now. We like the fact that our business is one that starts this way, like the way Bill Gates and many successful entrepreneurs did.

It was drizzling when we arrived at best friend's house. I found her working diligently with an apron on while the rain pitter-pattered on the roof.

YK and I quickly chipped in to help. The labels were pasted and products were packed into carton boxes. The job was done within a couple of hours.

I brought a bottle of wine but we didn't even sit down to relax as we wanted to get home for dinner and watch Harry Potter which started at 7.45pm. Before I left, I took a peek at our other product in the shed. The seeds have not sprouted yet, I hope they'll be ready in time for the fair.

4 comments:

huier said...

Give us the details of the funfair.=)

Blur Ting said...

Hi Huier
It's a food and funfair on July 26 (8am-1.30pm) at Church of St. Anne, 66 Sengkang East Way, Singapore 548593. The church is selling coupons at $10 each. You can get the coupons on site. Hope to see you there!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wishing you all the success Ting! :)

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

HUAT AH!!! =))))

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...