Saturday 11 July 2009

Polar bears


Today I put a picture up on the wall. The photo of a polar bear mummy with two cute little cubs takes pride of place in the living room. You see, YK bought the 100x70cm poster from National Geographic store several days ago.

"Aren't they cute? It's for the house.", he said.

I think my kids are so cute. They buy little things for the house. YK came home with soup spoons once. Another time he bought drinking glasses and salt/pepper shakers.

When SK was only ten, I gave him some money for a school trip to Malaysia. When he came home, he couldn't wait to show me a present. It was a silver charm bracelet with little playful dolphins. To think that he must have stood there fingering the bracelet before buying it for his mummy made me touched beyond words.

Looking at the polar bears reminds me of our family. "See, that's me. And the two little cubs in her embrace are you and SK!", I pointed out to YK.

You see, when he was little, he loved to snuggle like that too.

14 comments:

huier said...

Aiyoh...that's super sweet! so touching...=)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

You have great and thoughtful kids :D

Petunia Lee said...

Aiyo!!! Sooooooooooo sweet!! Who says boys are undemonstrative. Boys dote on their mommies. You're one lucky mommy!

The World According To Me said...

What a lovely picture. Your kids are so kind and loving, that's credit to you.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Aw that's sweet! :)

Amel said...

LOVE that poster. You've got great kids indeed! :-)))) I only started buying things for the house after I worked he he he...

Cheryl O said...

Your boys are really sweet! Makes me feel like having boys too.. I don't know what do you think, but in my opinion, boys are easier to handle compared to girls.. I just feel that girls have a more sophisticated mashes of thoughts, the way both are wired up are so different! It's easier to tell what a boy is thinking.

"when she tells you she's fine, you should be worried." :P

Blur Ting said...

Huier - They can be so sweet sometimes!

Blur Ting said...

Nick - Thanks. Your kids are good too!

Blur Ting said...

Petunia - I think so too.

Blur Ting said...

World - Both of them do have a good heart I must say.

Blur Ting said...

MH - Mostly sweet but sometimes bitter too :-)

Blur Ting said...

Amel - You're so sweet to your parents too.

Blur Ting said...

Cheryl O - I don't have girls to compare but being a woman, I do agree that we can get complicated. Boys are simple to understand and my kids tell me everything. It's easy to read their thoughts too.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...