Sunday 19 April 2009

7 loads and counting

It's 9pm and the washer is still spinning. I'm hoping it doesn't break down after a day of abuse. It's currently working on the 7th load and I'm contemplating if I should throw in one final one before I go to bed.

It started with my bedsheets when I got out of bed. The mattress protector went in next, followed by SK's quilt, then quilt cover. After that, I loaded his mattress protector and the sheets. By the time I tossed in YK's quilt, it was already late afternoon.

By evening, the laundry had piled into a humongous heap. That's the one the washer is working on right now.

In between the washes, I swept under the bed, mopped the floor, showered and walked Rusty, dusted the shelves, wiped away cobwebs and washed my car to the beat of Mandarin pop songs in the background. I was fueled by two cups of coffee, one cup of tea, two pieces of tau sar piah, two pieces of peanut pancake and a handful of nuts. Thank goodness we were treated to a nutritious dinner at my parent's house.

Oh, weekend is hardwork! I can't wait to sit in the office tomorrow and get some rest.

11 comments:

mooiness said...

Wow you wash all of those separately? I can imagine having to wait around all day to finish it all! :)

Blur Ting said...

No choice because the machine can take up to 7kg and these things are bulky! What I really need is an industrial washer!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

hehehe....mention of industrial washer. i remember fondly of the industrial size one in Perth's YMCA Jewell House youth hostel.

gives warm washes and cleans clothes best of the hostels i stayed around! LOL

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh house works aren't fun :()

Petunia Lee said...

I felt tired just reading your post! Pant! Pant! Pant! I do one load every day, and 2 loads on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I wash the bedsheets.

EE said...

My front load washer broke down over the weekend, so don't over work it if you can.

Blur Ting said...

Fry - Yah, those industrial washers are fantastic! I need one!

Blur Ting said...

MH - No fun at all! Well, at least it gives me a workout.

Blur Ting said...

Petunia - I really should space out my washing so the machine gets some rest during the weekends.

Blur Ting said...

EE- Oh no! Mine broke down recently and just got fixed. Such an inconvenience when that happens.

k@Ye_ said...

Ya, dun over work ur machine. PK always tend to over load the machine (tt i nag him).

But our normal practice is to space them out due to the limited drying area we have too.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...