Tuesday 28 April 2009

Like a zombie

Some good things are better left unspoken or you would be cursed with bad luck afterwards. I proclaimed that I was feeling on top of the world yesterday, I think I must have hit rock bottom this morning. I entered the office feeling fine but after a simple breakfast of madeleines and coffee, my eyes refused to stay open.

Now I feel like a zombie on the loose. Of course there is nothing quite frightening about zombies because they are so zoned out, they cannot destroy anything in its way. Not that there is anyone in my way today... I'm all alone at the office.

I used to think it was the water fountain droning in the background that lulled me to sleep. So my colleague moved it to the farthest corner of our office but the sleepy spell refuses to go away.

I've always wondered about the huge concrete beam above my desk. Now I don't know alot about fengshui but I do know that sitting under a heavy beam is not good news. I have to do something about this quickly.

Many people don't subscribe to the theories of fengshui but I see the significance of harnessing the positive energies and avoiding negative ones. It can get very complex but some things are pure common sense. Anyway it is one of those things that you can discuss no end. So I shall stop here and try to keep myself awake for the rest of the day.

9 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

I think my husband would prefer me to be a zombie as opposed to an all fired-up Dragon Lady. This way, he only needs to kick me and no need to wear any fire-proof vest! :)

Blur Ting said...

hahaha! You would never be a zombie! I wish I had more fire like you though.

k@Ye_ said...

MH description is so funny!

The day is going to be over soon! Hang in there!

Petunia Lee said...

That time of the month maybe?

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

ok, i swing by Monday next week. =)

auntielucia said...

I may b stating the obvious, but the next time u feel sleepy, why not have a coffee. Also, ensure air in the office is circulating?

charlie hotel said...

She already has several cups of coffee a day!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3242252/Drinking-too-much-coffee-could-shrink-womens-breasts.html

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

*feels a female storm going towards CH from his anata bcos of the link he put up*

Blur Ting said...

It's prolly the time of the month. Plus the air circulation in my office is pure recycled air from the air con. No fresh air. I drink 1 cup of coffee for breakfast and sometimes another one for lunch if I am really sleepy. And no, I'm not going to check that link because I know that's a storm-brewing one waiting to happen.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...