Wednesday 5 March 2008

Molly the dolly

Once upon a time, not so long ago, Ting and Molly were best friends. They were inseparable. You would always find them sitting side by side, at the dining table, on the floor mat or in the car. Every night, Ting would hug Molly to sleep. Only Molly could understand her tears and fears.

One day, Ting left Molly behind at our house and come bedtime, she simply couldn't sleep alone. Her daddy drove all the way here in the middle of the night to bring Molly home. That reminds me, when her daddy was a little boy, he used to lug his tiny blanket everywhere. He refused to give it up even when it became old and tattered. One day, my uncle tossed the blanket up the tree and it stayed there forever.

That's why today, I call my brother Linus. I named him after the blanket-carrying-character from Peanuts.

Today, I found a littlest tee shirt in the corner. Not far away, Rusty was biting and tossing a little rag doll. Oh dear, that looks like Molly, the little dolly that Ting loved so much. Apparently she no longer needs Molly. She has real friends now. Poor Molly.

11 comments:

SOUL said...

is that a poor tossed aside baby??? oh it breaks my heart. :((
and to think the puppy was chewin on her. the trauma! *GASP*

:))

happy humpday!

Anonymous said...

oh no! but kids grow out of toys..stuffed dolls, etc... do they grow out of their parents too?

Blur Ting said...

Yah Soul. Molly is Rusty's new playmate now :-)

Well, I put Molly in the washer today. She'll be nice and clean again. Maybe she can be a hand-me-down and become baby sister's dolly.

Blur Ting said...

JY - They do you know. Now that my kids are older, they don't really want to be seen with their mommy at the mall near the school (in case they bump into their friends).

But don't worry, they'll never outgrow us as long as we're their provider of pocketmoney.

Unknown said...

I'm still waiting for the day when my daughter (who will be 8 in a few weeks) outgrows her dolly Sunday. Sunday will also be 8 years old in a few months and is so ready to retire.

Amel said...

HE HE HE HE...I've never had a "safety" blanket or doll or whatever. :-))))

Blur Ting said...

Oh, I like the name Sunday :-)

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Me too.

Michelle said...

aww, poor Molly! Mine was a teddy bear I called "Toby Dog"!!

I still have him. ;-)

Blur Ting said...

Oh Michelle, a teddy bear called Toby Dog? How adorable :-))

Well, Molly's now hanging in the garage to dry. She'll find a new friend soon. If nobody wants her, I'll adopt her.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ahhhh that's so much like my niece :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...