Saturday 22 March 2008

Saturday long walk

It's funny when YK said even days have feelings. Yesterday felt like a Sunday because of the long weekend. I finally decided to do something active, so I went on a long walk along the East Coast Park with CH.

The park was surprisingly quiet on a Saturday afternoon. Maybe because of the wet weather, I didn't even see a single tent along the beach. It was nice and cool but we could see dark clouds moving in really fast.

We started from Bedok South, crossed over to the beach and walked along the new trail along Changi Coast for almost 2 hours. By the time we ended up at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, the sky was threatening to rain, we caught a bus back to Bedok. I haven't taken a bus in something like 10 years and was quite surprised that the short journey cost $1. The last time I took a bus, I only paid 55cents!


Here's where we started...from the park connector along the highway.


It was still sunny when we started walking.

Only in Singapore will you find coconut trees alongside conifers.


The stretch by the golf course.

Many people were out sailing in the afternoon. The large container vessels in the background were waiting to be guided to shore for berthing.


Oh, that's another plane ascending over the golf course near the Changi Airport. When I was in Frankfurt, my friend said every minute, a plane lands at their busy airport. Yesterday, I must have seen a plane taking off every 2 minutes at ours.

We were standing right under the plane. The sky was getting dark at this point.

We spotted some interesting plants and pretty blossoms along the way.

5 comments:

WaterLearner said...

I also felt that it was Sunday yesterday. Long weekends like this are great for recharing the body and the minds.

Have a Great Sunday!

SOUL said...

can i come faint in your yard?
:))

i still think about that dream on occasion-- still weird. :))

Blur Ting said...

Ha ha Soul. Sorry I told you that dream. Now you really must come visit :-)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Nice :)
I was at Bedok too, having my "ban mian" at around 9pm before going to Changi to meet husband! :)
I like Bedok, still can get plenty of stuff at a cheaper price, like I paid S$3.90 for a pair of sandals! woohoo :)

Unknown said...

wow. love the plane shot.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...