Sunday 9 March 2008

The weekend

How can a weekend fly by so quickly, and painfully, I wonder? Well, it's gone... Monday's here. The excruciating pain, caused by two humongous ulcers under my tongue, is almost gone too.

Besides dealing with the pain all weekend, I managed to send the kids around... to a school meeting, to a gathering at teacher's house, the mall, reservoir, for Chinese tuition and finally to my friend's house for a BBQ party.

As you would imagine, my mouth hurt too much for me to complain, talk or eat. I've always had ulcers but this time, they choose to break out in the wrong places. Oh well, the good thing is I probably lost a couple of pounds from the ordeal.

Here are some photos from the weekend.


I brought SK to the reservoir yesterday, hoping to spend some quiet time reading by the calm waters. What a pleasant surprise to find Chris and EY strolling hand in hand along the bank. Ah, what a coincidence!


Lots of yummy food at the BBQ. After swallowing a painkiller and gurgling with a mouth-numbing antiseptic solution, I managed to eat some solid food for the day. I couldn't help it cos I was starving!


Animal attractions at my friend's house.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I know how those can hurt! Glad you're finally able to get some food in you! Monday came too quickly...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gee, you guys have such great times on weekends. I really got to figure out nicer things to do on weekends except sleep ... LOL!

But really, I loved the picture of the reservoir. It looks so calm and tranquil ... great place for an outdoor nap :)

La delirante said...

Hope that you are feeling better. I can just imagine how painful that must be :(

How nice that you went to the reservoir during the weekend and also spent time with friends...As Nick said, you have such great times on weekends. I am jelaous :) because we usually spend weekends at home...Red is studying a lot for an exam (October but still he wants to study from now as it is quite tough) and we have so many housechores to do...oh well, I don't want to bore you with that stuff. The thing is that it is great to see that you had fun :)

Have a great week!

Blur Ting said...

Yah JY, I've had some painful ones before but this is something else. It turned out to be another painful Monday. Hope your day isn't as bad.

Blur Ting said...

Nick, I must admit my weekends are usually quite packed because the kids wanna do this, do that. I end up planning my schedule around theirs.

Yah, that's a fantastic place to nap.Once I dozed off under the trees and the monkeys made off with my wallet. Now I am extra vigilant!

Blur Ting said...

Hi Wen, it was quite ok all day but come dinner time, it started hurting again. The area is now so sore and inflamed. If it doesn't get any better tomorrow, I may visit a doc.

I'm glad I get to spend lovely weekends with friends and family. Since we have domestic help in the house, I'm lucky I don't have to do much housework. Sometimes I enjoy spending a quiet day at home you know but the kids wanna do stuff or go out, so I bring them.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hey Ting, when I finish my work here, I'll be calling you up and disturbing you, and making your days really LONG :)
Ehehehe - evil laugh :)

Amel said...

OUCH! Sorry to hear about your mouth ulcers. I got one and I wasn't feeling good already, but you've got TWO?!?!?! Hope they're SOON gone. Did you use the watermelon brand Chinese powder to help you? If I use it, they're away very quickly.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Ouch. Feel better Blur Ting

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...