Monday 3 March 2008

Small talk

My little niece, Ting, has been so busy lately, her cousins have not seen her for almost a month. I'm lucky to see her during weekdays as her parents drop her off here before heading to work.

Since her cousins are so eager to see her new hairdo, here's a photo of her.


For the first time, Ting refused to go to playschool this morning and protested by throwing a huge tandrum and crying the house down. After much coaxing, she finally agreed to board the school bus.

Upon investigation, her mummy found out that the teacher had made her sit on the 'naughty chair' for misbehaving. Ting's a fast learner and an active child who is easily bored, so I can understand how torturous it must be for her to sit quietly in a confined environment for several hours.

Anyway, she was in a good mood when she came home from school today. As usual, she was looking for after-school treats in the kitchen when I overhead a conversation between my mom and Ting...

Ting (clutching a box of dried prunes) : Can I have some prunes?
Mom (checking the expiry date) : The prune is old old already. You cannot eat.
Ting : Grandma is old old already. Grandma can eat.

Such innocence. :-)

14 comments:

La delirante said...

Lovely post :) I remember I got easily bored at school too, it was tough not to yawn or to keep focused.

Beautiful hairdo :) I loved the prunes' story :)

Have a great week!

Michelle said...

oh that is so adorable cute!

But I bet granny would not be so thrilled to be called "old old" as a prune. ;-D

Anonymous said...

LOL...she has a point there...! Our Coffee Bean used to cry when we dropped her off at daycare..used to feel like the world's worst mom..like we were sticking her with pins or something.... LOL

The World According To Me said...

I lke her hair do! I wouldn't mind my hair cut into that style.

Kids say the funniest things.

Amel said...

LOL LOL LOL!!! Oh dearrrrr...LOVE the pic of Ting and her little sister. ;-D

J@n!ce said...

Hew new hair style looks so stylish...

I just love to listen to kids converstation. So innocent & interesting :)

Blur Ting said...

Hi Wen, I hope the teacher didn't make you sit on the naughty chair too. :-)

Blur Ting said...

Michelle - Oh, my mom is the one who started it, so she can't complain really. Ting is very fussy. If the cookie is not perfect or if we tell her it is old, she would not eat it. So to prevent her from snacking too much, we would tell her the item is old already and she would stop.

Blur Ting said...

JY - Yah, I know how it breaks our heart and make us feel so evil when they cry like that. But these little ones learn very quickly how to make their parents feel bad.

Blur Ting said...

Hi World, she looks nice in that hairstyle. Perhaps you should try but I think my hair will be too messy and wavy to carry off that look.

Blur Ting said...

Amel - anyway you look at them, they will always bring a smile to your face...simply cos they're kids.

Blur Ting said...

Janice - You know best cos you have two little ones at home. Lucky you!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ahhh so cute :)

Unknown said...

ha!ha! Too cute.
love the hair.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...