Friday 4 May 2007

In good company

It's hot and sunny outside, what a great day to plant vegetables! First I had to clear the weeds. Using a 'changko' (hoe), I loosened the soil and made a bed before sowing sweet corn kernels. The sun was scorching by the time I was done. As I sat under the shade nursing a bottle of beer, Rusty snuggled up next to me. When it became too hot for him outside, he snuck back indoors. But that's ok. Russell, the spotted mongrel who lives in the neighbourhood, came by to keep me company.
Rusty would be so jealous!

2 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

I'll keep you company when I go back k? :)
We'll do gardening together! YEAH! :)

Blur Ting said...

I'm counting on you, my friend!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...