Saturday 5 May 2007

Motherhood

I was reading in my room last night. YK came in and plonked on my bed.
“I’m so bored. Shall we go out?”
I said “Nope. Your exam’s starting tomorrow!”

Then he pretended to whine which made me very irritated.
“Go to your room and do something useful.”
“Why are you so angry when you know I’m pretending?”
“I don’t care if it’s real or pretend. It's very annoying.”
“Oh really? How about you try it on me?”

I don’t know much about whining. It’s probably too ridiculous for me to start. So I did what I know best…
“Your exam starts tomorrow and you’re complaining you’ve got nothing to do? You should go and revise your school work especially your weaker subjects like….blah blah…”
“OK, I’m out of here!”
I win!


While sending SK for tuition this morning, he asked, “Do you think you're the best mum in the world?”
“Nope, there’re lots of fantastic mums out there.”
“But every child thinks his mum is the best.”
“Oh, really? What about you?”
“Yah, I think you’re the best mum in the world.”
:-)

1 comment:

The Real Mother Hen said...

He is such a sweet kid :)
Like him a lot :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...