Sunday 27 May 2007

Lost and found

Yesterday CH told me someone's Jack Russell also called Rusty had gone missing. The lady owner had put up posters of her pet in the park.

Last night, before we went to bed, we discovered Rusty wasn't in our room. We called out several times but he didn't turn up. We have a big shed with storerooms outside. So he could be snuggled somewhere fast asleep.

This morning, I went outside and called out again. Rusty didn't come on cue. Cookie wasn't around either. I got worried. Come to think of it, I haven't seen them since yesterday evening. Lots of people come to our neighbourhood during weekends to visit the farms. Something could have happened to the dogs.

Then mum decided to investigate. She walked around the shed and thought she heard a faint yelp. I ran to the storeroom and heard the jingling of Rusty's bell. When I unlocked the door, the overjoyed dogs rushed out immediately and ran around in circles around the yard.

Apparently they were snooping around in the storeroom and the workers accidentally locked them inside.

Thank God they are OK. I hope there's a happy ending for the other lost Rusty too.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...