Sunday 1 July 2007

Fireworks!

It's a pity we didn't go to the American Association of Singapore’s 4th of July festival last weekend. I would have enjoyed the fireworks. I love watching fireworks. The sight of a million colours bursting in the sky never fails to send goosebumps down my spine.

Our Singapore's National Day is also celebrated with great pomp and splendor. The National Day Parade is our grandest annual national event which involves 5,000 participants and culminates in an amazing exhibit of fireworks that marks the pinnacle of the parade. When the sky becomes a canvas of colors, I'd feel like the most patriotic girl in Singapore. I can hardly wait for 9th August to come around.
Fireworks lighting up the sky. The building in the foreground is our Parliament House.

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...