Tuesday 17 July 2007

National day song

There’s No Place I’d Rather Be….Even though I’ve roamed the world, it’s still my home I loved to see….

I was standing in line at the bank during lunch hour. The 2 huge TV screens behind the counter were playing our National Day Parade Theme Song 2007 over and over again. My eyes were glued to the screens, I was transfixed. There's something about these songs that makes me feel so patriotic, and proud to be a Singaporean!

Let's hear what the singer of the new NDP theme song, Kit Chan has to say:
"Oh I really like it. I think it’s more a love song rather than a patriotic song. If you notice what to me is really special is that throughout the song, the word ‘Singapore’ doesn’t actually appear, and yet interestingly enough we talk all about the wonderful places we’ve been to, Paris, New York, whatever, and to me what’s special is that when you are really talking to someone close or very intimate, you don’t actually have to say their name, you just have to say I love you… And the chorus goes ‘There’s no place I’d rather be/You’ll always be a part of me’ and I think that that’s really sweet… And as Jimmy (the composer) said, it’s his love song to Singapore. I guess its mine too.”

Enjoy the song and lovely video of Singapore below....

6 comments:

Marcus said...

Wait a moment... u mean this is is a singaporean blog? Finally! Familliar ground!

Blur Ting said...

Yup yup yup!

Michelle said...

Hi Blur

I've got behind on blog reading so I'm cheating here and replying to about five of your entries in one. I loved all your photos, but especially those of Shanghai and the markets/shops. I enjoyed the stories about the snake bite scare. Well.. "enjoy" isn't the right word, but it, and the raisin story, were interesting reading.

Oh, and I laughed at you leaving HollyGL on the table (phone call). :-D

Blur Ting said...

Hey Michelle, thanks for your nice comments! I'll try to dig up more stories from the deep recess of my mind to share with my readers.

Unknown said...

I remember years ago before I was married my family would go to Singapore every year and I loved the national anthem [I think] so much that I had learnt it and would sing along hen i would come on tv. Boy I was quite a geek... since forever!

Blur Ting said...

Ha ha, RM. You should live here! The people here don't even sing the anthem. Our anthem is in Malay. If it's the English ones, they are probably the National Day songs. They compose new ones every year.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...