Wednesday 18 July 2007

Karma

I believe in Karma. I'm not being spiritual or religious here but I agree that the basic ethical purpose of Karma is to behave responsibly, and the tenet of Karma is essentially "if you do good things, good things will happen to you — if you do bad things, bad things will happen to you,"

It helps us go through life with an awareness that performing positive actions results in a good effect, whereas a negative action results in a bad effect, whether the effect is immediate or delayed.

We explained the concept of Karma to the kids since they were young. They would often come running to me “Mummy! Is it bad Karma if we kill those ants under the tree?”

I'm pleased that they have grown up to be rather compassionate towards people and animals. That is all I ask for.

Do you believe in Karma?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In answer to your post, kinda. Yu got a new photo up on ur title suweet!

Unknown said...

I believe - sometimes it happens quickly and sometimes it happens a little later. But the world is round so what goes around does eventually comes around

Blur Ting said...

It's probably a good thing to believe cos you'd think twice before taking any actions.

Thanks JY for your comment! I just couldn't get the picture to stretch all way across the banner. Oh well, half a picture is better than none!

SOUL said...

i have realized, the older i get, the more i see, and experience.... the more i too.. believe in karma!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY!!! Blur, I believe most assuredly in karma. And I have enjoyed throughout my life how creative karma can be when dispensing positive or challenging.

Blur Ting said...

It's our good karma actually, to meet each other!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...