Sunday 8 July 2007

Happy blogging

The blogging awards have set me thinking. Who are the bloggers who deserve the awards? The answer is really quite clear. They are the ones who care enough to put in that extra effort when putting up contents. In other words, they are responsible bloggers.

People blog for a myriad of reasons. Sandhill Trek asked this question "Why do we blog?" and received 35 interesting answers from his readers.

At first I was resistant to the idea of blogging. It would be weird opening up my life to strangers in the unknown world. Then I started blogging, with completely no expectations. It was meant to be a letter to my circle of friends, an update of what’s going on in my life. Then something totally unexpected happened. From one friend, I gained another, then another. It was exponential.

Now it has became a new found passion to entertain my readers. I have never been more intellectually stimulated than I’ve ever been in my life. I am aware of things around me, ideas come to me freely which I share on my blog. Because I see that same passion in my fellow bloggers and I appreciate their effort, I start leaving comments on their blogs.

Blogging has given me an opportunity to connect, share, garner support, empathise, discuss, flaunt, vent, rant, inform, bond… well, we all have our own reasons. Happy blogging my friends.

9 comments:

Epimenides said...

It's exectly the same with me Ting. I'm fascinated by people's blogs, and, frankly, extremely surprised that people are reading mine! Happy blogging to all! :)

The Real Mother Hen said...

can't believe it was only 7 months ago that I started blogging :) actually, I always thank you for encouraging me to blog :)

Mike Minzes said...

This is the best way I have heard it put.

It IS stimulating and fascinating. When I first heard of blogging, I thought it was a waste, but now that I'm in it, it a great experience.

Anonymous said...

Same for me too! I only started back in March...I think... Really well put!

Unknown said...

Oh my God! I am so happy I'm not the only one. Everything that happens to me in the day I think of how to create it in a post.
Do you think we're living in some kind of euphoric bubble of shared passion?

Unknown said...

And it was you & the real mother hen that would be the only ones commenting and encouraging - that used to make my day.. so thank you so much!

Blur Ting said...

My dear blogging friends, it's a joy to read your blogs and having you read mine. That is perhaps the real essence of blogging.

mooiness said...

Blogging does make you more aware of your surroundings and see things differently. As for the friendships made, that always is a wonderful surprise.

Blur Ting said...

Once again, Mooiness, it's always nice to see you snooping around my blog.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...