Saturday 28 July 2007

I'm a little teapot

I'm sitting in my room. I can hear my niece's little feet going pitter-pattering across the corridor, heading towards the kitchen.

Then I hear her singing sweetly "I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout..."

Though I can't see her, I can imagine her standing in the kitchen, looking at the teapot on the counter, singing her heart out while gesturing this way and that.

Suddenly I hear mum's voice from the kitchen, "Aiyoh, why are you in the kitchen? Go outside, go outside. Don't go near the pots. Go, go go!"

What a bummer! Adults always have to spoil the fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. we adults do... I do that with Aly too. Guilty as charged!.

Blur Ting said...

I do that to my kids too but I tend to be more indulgent towards my niece.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Awwww... she is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Man, that is so true. :(

Paul Champagne said...

Some one has to be the party-pooper

Blur Ting said...

Hi Paul, welcome to my blog.

Yah, so true. Adults tend to become too practical and fail to appreciate the little joys....

Unknown said...

Oh my god! she's absolutely adorable

Blur Ting said...

RM, she really brightens up my day!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...