Tuesday 24 July 2007

It's a small world

Jyankee visited my blog one day and left a nice comment. I started visiting hers and pretty soon, we were dropping in on each other's blog like the Desperate Housewives!

She lived in Oregon before moving to Japan, while I live in Singapore. We have never met in real life yet today we discovered that we have something in common.... pillows!

It all began with blogging.... she wrote about her job today. I vaguely remember meeting the people from her company several years ago in Shanghai and in Singapore. You see, my friend used to import health pillows from a Japanese company called Geltec. I was roped in to assess the products and sit in the meetings. I vaguely remember Geltec has another company that invented a water transfer technology for graphics printing.

While chatting with Jyankee today, I realised she's working for that same company!

My friend has already stopped doing the health pillow business but I am using those pillows at home. And no prize for guessing... Jyankee uses them too!

What a small world!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

too amazing!

Mike Minzes said...

It is a small world!

Unknown said...

Six degrees of separation!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Huh? Pillows? Wow that's so GREAT! :)

SOUL said...

i read that on her page earlier. that's funny. would be great if she would have turned out to be someone you'd actually had met huh? pretty wild.
tell me about these pillows... are they good for bad backs? :)

Anonymous said...

Soul, that company Geltec is now selling like corsets and various things for bad knees and backs you know...

Blur Ting said...

Soul - they have a range of pillows but they are famous for the soft gel which provides a cooling effect during summer.

It's really uncanny really...and to think that I only know a couple of companies in Japan, she has to work in that one that I know, out of the millions of companies in Japan!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...