Wednesday 17 September 2008

Running

When I was living with my parents, I could run every evening if I wanted to. I used to think that if there's a will, there's a way. Anyone who says they have no time for exercise is merely making excuses!

I would have to take back everything I've said. Given my current circumstances, I am struggling to find time to slot in my regular run. Well, I could wake up at 5am to run but at this moment, waking up at 5.40am is already proving to be quite a struggle.

I am beginning to realise how spoilt I was at my parent's home. I used to retire to the room right after dinner as the household chores are efficiently taken care of by the domestic helper. I would be in deep slumber by 10pm, waking up in the morning feeling refreshed.

Now that we're on our own, I would be lucky if I had showered and finished doing laundry by 10pm. Some people say running before bedtime can be very therapeutic but I'm not so keen to be out pounding the pavement in the quiet neighbourhood late at night.

It almost seems like running has become a distant memory. Maybe I'll try to sneak in some time to run tonight while YK is having tuition at home. That calls for a light dinner earlier in the evening. Less cooking means less washing and cleaning up. Sounds like a good plan. See, it's not that hard afterall.

4 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Haha .. I am sure you will run again after getting into the rhythm of staying on your own.

I cut down on exercising when I first set up my own home too. Yeah, .. all the laundry and cleaning up:-). I am glad though that my husband really helps out in the housework. So right now I can still manage time for exercising.

In fact, I am exercising far more than in the past. I go to Amore once or twice a week. And run four times a week on the days that I don't go to Amore (yups .. I have to work hard to train for that half marathon).

Happy Thursday!

Blur Ting said...

Woo wee! You're working hard! I don't think I'm signing up for the Stanchart Run afterall because I could be traveling.

It's good your hubby's helping with the housework. That really helps alot, leaving you with some free time to pursue other things.

Amel said...

Ahhhhh...my Mom used to want to clean the house like crazy...but as time went by and she became older (plus no domestic helper), she had to let go of her standards he he he he...so nowadays it's fine even if she doesn't sweep/mop the floor every day.

GOOD LUCK in squeezing time to run!!!! I bet you miss it!

Blur Ting said...

Yup Amel, I managed to run for 30 minutes Fter dinner.

I 'cheated' by cooking dinner at my parent's place. I went back there in the evening to pick up something. Since I was there, I decided to cook 3 dishes to pack home. I called YK over the phone to cook rice. When I got home, we could eat right away. No need to clean up the kitchen and cooking pan!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...