Thursday 21 June 2007

Even supermodels have ugly days

You know how supermodels always talk about waking up feeling ugly? Come on, if supermodels can feel that way, what about us?

I know what it’s like. We all have bad days but a little dressing up and makeup should do the trick.

One weekend, my old friend Nerissa dropped by with her 2 beautiful daughters and a cousin whom I was meeting for the first time. I was cooking dinner in the kitchen, hair all piled up on my head, sweat trickling down my bare, freckled face and spectacles perched on my nose. I said a quick hello and sent them to the living room while I finished my chores.

When I reappeared later after a shower, with a freshly scrubbed face and my hair in place, I saw her cousin whispering softly to Nerissa. Suddenly my friend burst out laughing, saying “Told you she’s mei* mei!”

Another time, some new colleagues of CH came by to visit my mum’s orchid garden. I showed them around, togged in my old singlet and shorts. A week later, when I attended his company's function all glammed up, the same colleagues exclaimed, “Oh, you looked so different the other day!”

See, you can feel like a supermodel (though it's hard to look like one) if you want to!

* mei is beautiful in Chinese

No comments:

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...