Sunday 9 December 2007

Blog and friends

I have not met Amelia before yet I know what she did last weekend, right down to what she ate for lunch. Heck, I even know that she’ll prefer to stay in a nursing home in her old age! I know where Water Learner does her workouts and what Mother Hen’s Christmas tree looks like. I even caught a glimpse of Soul’s new house and saw how cute little Maku looks without his curly locks. I almost felt like I was partying with Mooiness at the Club in Melbourne last weekend, thanks to the video on his blog.

Pardon me if I’m beginning to think that I know more about my blogger friends than my regular pals. From their blogs, I know what’s going on in their lives and in their head too. Blogs can be so revealing.

If you ask me what my best friend (of over 30 years) ate yesterday or what my brothers did last weekend... I have no idea because they don’t have a blog.

Similarly, my readers know more about what's happening in my life than my best friend who doesn’t read my blog. It does feel weird that she doesn’t seem to be very interested in my life. Maybe I shouldn’t expect my friends to read my blog but I think you learn so much about a person through their daily musings.

13 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Haha.. it's so true. My best friends do not even blog or read my blogs!! And many of my blog friends know my lifestyle right down to my exercise regime and what's going on in my head. At times, I do hope that my best friends could pop by my blog. But well, guess not all are into blogging.

Have a Good Week Ahead.

Eh, you think I can sign up for the Safra thing? How much? But I would be moving to SengKang soon. So out of the place hor?

Blur Ting said...

Hi Water, you can read all the details at http://www.safra.sg/interest.aspx?pageid=94

You can join the Tampines, Toa Payoh, Mt Faber or Yishun depending on which is most convenient. The cost for non-safra member is $16.05 for 2-yr mbrship.

The Real Mother Hen said...

And here I am, reading your blog and looking through the pictures, wowing "Xiao Ting so cute", getting all jealous about the food you had, admiring your passion to keep running...
And I draw so much satisfaction just to know that you are happy and well :)

Blur Ting said...

Mother Hen - do you know you're the UNIQUE friend that I have who's both a dear old friend and a blogger friend? One and only you know!

Blur Ting said...

Oh, Mother hen... Xiao Ting is following your footsteps. She's going green!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yes her green outfit is so environmentally friendly :)
Tell her cannot wash so often, water is running short, production of detergent harms the environment, and usage of that kill all the seafood she likes.
Ops! :)

Blur Ting said...

I must! She likes to stand before the sink and play with water.

The World According To Me said...

I have thought this before!
I'll see an old friend and they will ask what I've been up to, and I think, if you read my blog you would know! And it is mad how someone you have never met before can know more about your daily life than someone you have known for 15 years!
Some of my friends read my blog, and some of my friends just don't get the blogging thing!
But I love blogging! I love the fact I am connecting with people in Singapore, Japan, America, Malta etc, and learning so much about different peoples culture and lives.
Long live blogging!

Blur Ting said...

Ahhh, only fellow bloggers like you will understand. Sometimes I tell my friend, "I know you're busy but reading my blog only takes 1 minute of your time! My blog's not that difficult to understand you know."

Amel said...

HE HE HE HE...indeed we learn more about people from their daily musings. ;-D It'd be fun to meet blogger friends after we've known them for a while, though...after all then we can get finally match the person (their body language, gestures, voice, etc) with the image we've gathered from their posts. ;-D

Anonymous said...

late here... i fully agree!

Michelle said...

I know more personal stuff about my internet friends than I know about people I grew up with! It's nice though - to feel so connected to people all over the world. :-)

ps... I'm tagging you!
http://crows-feet.blogspot.com/2007/12/confessions.html

Unknown said...

okay, this is the best post. EVER. ^_^

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...