Thursday 13 December 2007

Off the beaten track

I had a rather exciting morning. I was at the Satellite station in a remote part of Singapore. How often does one get to visit a highly secured area such as this? Thanks to my job, I was there to buy the shipping containers that arrived from USA laden with equipment for the satellite station.

Since it's off the beaten track, I drove there in high spirits, feeling like an adventurer! Indeed I was rewarded with gorgeous views of the reservoir and lush greenery.


I drove along a lonely stretch. Well, I was half expecting a muddy, unpaved track but what was I thinking? This is Singapore! Clearly, they would need a good access road to a hi-tech place like a satellite station. Duh!

I was happy to see a small river leading to the reservoir.


Even happier to see the calm waters of the Seletar Reservoir!

This is the backside (er, I mean rear view) of the premises. There are big and small satellites in there. This is the biggest one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great antidote to the holiday crowds in town!

Amel said...

GREAT pics and it's a really nice place. Glad that you could visit that place, Blur! ;-D

Unknown said...

so nice and clean and green :)

The World According To Me said...

Nice backside!

Thanks for sharing ths pics with us. I can imagine how it felt exploring unknown territory!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...