Sunday 9 December 2007

Chasing marathons

Since we're into running marathons, our next quest is to find the world's most interesting ones to give us a reason to travel all the way there. These are some tempting ones:

Honolulu Marathon - so festive!
Waikiki Beach; a puka shell lei at the finish line; a luau/concert; a fireworks display at 5 a.m... the Honolulu Marathon has a festival-like atmosphere. The water is nice, the weather's great, and it's a fantastic place to vacation. Let's go!

Medoc Marathon - The world's slowest (and yummiest) marathon!
A 26.2-mile race and wine tasting tour through the most famous vineyards of France. Rest stops along the route serve refreshments such as fresh-shucked oysters, croissants and grilled beef. Musicians serenade as runners (many dressed in outrageous costumes) pass. It's my kind of marathon!

Mooathon - Just Moo it!

13.1 miles of pure madness. The wildest, most fun Half-Marathon you will ever do! Miles of stunning scenery in Ireland... what can I say? It's a very fun and exhilarating course!

11 comments:

mooiness said...

Great idea for a themed holiday. I vote for Hawaii, although Ireland would be nice too. I may be a bit biased because I love the Irish people. :D

Blur Ting said...

I thought you chose MOOathon because of your name! :-)

The Real Mother Hen said...

The mooathon sounds fun! :)
And it's in Ireland, most people will be too drunk to run anyway :)

WaterLearner said...

I like the one i Ireland!!! But running marathons overseas is still quite a faraway dream for me. Let me conquer one local one first. :-)

Anonymous said...

Fresh oysters on a Marathon? Sounds like a sure-fire ticket to Vomitville!

Blur Ting said...

Ha ha, isn't it such a riot? Run, eat, throw up, eat some more, throw up, drink wine, have the runs...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I've always dreamed of running the New York Marathon ever since I read about it one day in this Runners magazine years ago. Still haven't achieved that yet though. Maybe one day I just might :)

Blur Ting said...

Oh yes, the NY marathon of course! Every marathoner's dream. That goes to show I am not a 'real' one. I go for the fun and funny ones :-)

The World According To Me said...

I like the sound of the slowest and yummiest marathon!

Amel said...

WOW!!! I didn't know there were so many different types of marathon. The yummiest marathon kinds makes me interested HA HA HA HA HA...Yeah, I'm a foodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL!!!

Unknown said...

I am part Irish, so I vote for Ireland. :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...