Saturday 4 August 2007

Simpsons and Ramen

We went to see the hilarious Simpsons Movie this afternoon. It's a great movie. One thing I can never understand is how Marge put up with Homer who gets the family into all kinds of trouble! It’s fun watching this dysfunctional family though, especially the innocent Maggie crawling around, oblivious to the chaos happening around her.

We went to Ajisen Ramen for lunch. It’s the largest ramen chain in Singapore. Can you believe their famous Tonkotsu soup is full of collagen which prevents aging! So tasty too!

I like my ramen spicy, so naturally I ordered Spicy Ramen (below) which is topped with spicy minced meat and seaweed. The springy ramen, when eaten with the spicy meat and rich broth is absolutely delicious!YK had the cray fish ramen, which is Ajisen's most popular dish. The soup is kind of tomato-ey and too sweet for our liking. He ended up dunking his noodles in my spicy soup base.
SK almost always orders unagi (grilled eel) in any Japanese restaurant. So it is no surprise that he picked the Unagi rice set and polished off every single grain of rice in the bowl.
Pictures from Ajisen's website.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn blur.. you STOP THAT! haha looks lovely!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVED the movie...

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow the pictures are so lovely :)
I like the spicy ramen too :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm starving!! :)

Mike Minzes said...

The Simpson's Movie was so funny. We saw it the day it came out (mistake because so did everyone else and the theater was packed).

The food pictures look sooooooooooo good!!!

Blur Ting said...

Hey guys! Yup, ramen is so good! I don't really eat lots of noodles but I fall for ramen every single time!

Simpsons is a such good movie, YK watched it three times!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...