Sunday 12 August 2007

You're so vain!

As I stepped out of the house in my running gear, my brother went "Wow, you're so disciplined!"

"I'm just vain!" I replied. This week, I ran 5 days out of 7, covering about 25km in total. It has been a good week. I tend to be more diligent when I feel fat. For the record, I always feel fat. It's whether I feel fatter or less fat. Well, I have issues with my body... since I was a teenager.

I can't help it really. When we were out drinking last night, all I saw were hot bods and long legs. At the park this morning, I ran pass lean bodies and sinewy legs. When I flip through fashion magazines, I see beautiful women in body hugging gowns. Do you think these bodies are god-sent? No, I bet they work harder than me!

Since I will never put myself under the knife or pop pills to look good, working out is the only way to go. Plus, I love food too much! Well, at least in my quest for a leaner body, I lead a healthy lifestyle and keep myself fit at the same time. That's the best side effect anyone can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya, Blur. On every single count. ...except the running - nice job!!

Blur Ting said...

We're too hard on ourselves Holly. Sigh.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...