Saturday 5 July 2008

Dog magnet


Yesterday evening, after chowing down a piece of crispy Kentucky Fried Chicken, I decided to take a little walk to the farmer's market nearby.

I have driven past the market a million times but had never walked there mainly because of my fear of the farmdogs along the way. When I set off, I saw a beagle up the road. He ran towards me and sniffed my hands. He must have liked the smell of fried chicken because he followed me up the hill but turned back when he realised he was barking up the wrong tree. What's the use of tailing someone who smells like chicken?

At the farmer's market, a chubby cocker spaniel appeared out of nowhere and started to lick my hands. Another identical one came prancing forward soon after. I cuddled them until the jealous owner summoned them to return to him.
As I walked back to my house, four puppies came rushing out of my neighbour's gate and starting barking furiously. My neighbour came out and chatted with me while the pups checked me out. One by one, they took turns to sniff my fingers.
I would love to think that I'm a dog magnet but really, it's all because of the chicken...it's finger licking good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BlurTing Chickenhands!

Anonymous said...

yum yum... well i guess i would take it as a compliment...maybe... LOL

Unknown said...

haha!
oh my i have a lot of catching up to do...be back soon :)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Dogs like KFC then :)

The World According To Me said...

That's funny. You must have looked like a dog magnet! I can just imagine people thinking, "That lady sure has a way with animals. Look at the way they greet her!"

Blur Ting said...

Haha, the truth is, these dogs were thinking "I wish I could chew those fingers off!"

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...