Monday 7 July 2008

Health check

Last night, I went to bed with a headache. It's a dull pain that radiates from a patch on my scalp above the right ear. I experienced that same headache a week ago, blaming in on the onset of a mild flu. Well, today I'm feeling a little sniffy again. No surprise really because both my sons are feeling a little under the weather and were rolling around on my bed last night.

CH reminded me that it's time I go for my long overdue health check. Given my mum's medical history, I really should heed his advice. My mum suffers from hypertension, had a hypothyroid condition and had her womb surgically removed years ago. Most recently, she had undergone radiotherapy for acoustic neuroma, a non-cancerous brain tumour. It also started with headache and dizziness.

The truth is, I'm afraid of going for a physical. What if I am less healthy than I think I am? I know I'm in denial but I choose to think I have my dad's genes, afterall I have inherited his looks and physique.

To allay my fears, CH has offered to accompany me but first, he must find a way to drag me out of here.

5 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yes CH is right.
Think CH is going to lure you with food, delicious food, first :)

The World According To Me said...

I can see why you are worried about the health check, but sometimes our fears are worse than the reality.
Be brave and let the doctors put your mind at ease.

Amel said...

But you see, you shouldn't make your sons worry. I mean...my Mom's also like that...she doesn't want to go for a check-up unless she's REALLY in pain. And it makes me worried and it makes me unable to focus on things...so for your kids' sake, you'd better check yourself up, okay?

Amel said...

And sorry to hear about the postponing of the moving date to your new house. However, maybe it's for the best since you're not too well and you've been busy with your new office and stuff? ;-D

WaterLearner said...

I hate medical checks too. I often have quite bad gastric pains. Last year I had quite a bad attack once. When I saw the GP, he recommended that I go for a long overdue gastroscopy. Hubs insisted that I should do a very thorough check once and for all. So on top of the scope, I also did an ultrasound of my tummy and a blood test. I was so happy when all results showed that I am fine. Just need to be able to handle stress better.

Go for that test, ok?

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...