Tuesday 29 July 2008

Forever young

I read an article in the newspapers that made me smile and feel instantly younger! According to Dr Caroline Low, senior family physician in anti-ageing medicine at Raffles Hospital, if you've exercised for more than 10 years continuously, you will look as young as the day you started regular exercise!

Incidentally, this is the same doctor who attended to me during my health screening 2 days ago. She asked about my melasma (freckles on my face) that day but after explaining to her I spend too much time outdoors being exposed to the sun, she agreed that treatment would be quite futile.

Anyway, back to the piece of fantastic news. If you start exercising when you're 30, you would still look 30 when you're 40. Cool isn't it? Now I know why all my running buddies look so good!

As we age, our bones shrink and we lose height too. Exercising helps us maintain our muscle and bone strength. I really don't want to end up with a short and sagging body. I would rather have a freckled face and a body that looks 10 years younger. Plus a heart that feels forever young.

That's probably the best motivation for anyone to start exercising rightaway. Whether it is walking, running, yoga or even Krav Maga, just do it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freckles are just angel kisses!

Blur Ting said...

..not when there's too much. Then it becomes angel's drool.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That's something I really dread happening to me, being old, saggy and grey ...

The World According To Me said...

Your post has got me thinking about my gym! I want to look younger, and stay looking younger, so I shall be visiting it again as soon as possible. Right, where's my trainers...!

Amel said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Losing height? I don't need to be shorter than this HE HE HE HE HE...So yes, let's exercise regularly! ;-D

Well, one of my best motivators is the period of time I watched my Mom having problems with her knee and it was SO painful for her until she almost couldn't walk for some time. I DO NOT want to experience that he he...

The Real Mother Hen said...

Exercise requires too much work.
I opt for plastic surgery lah.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

That's definitely a motivator, although I am not sure I believe it. I've been exercising for years - I took ballet lessons and gym class from the age of 5 and have exercised regularly ever since, yet I still look as if I am in my 30s, despite not being one for the sun :-)

Blur Ting said...

Several people told me about not looking any younger though they've been active all their life.

I do understand. That's exactly how I feel too. However,the moment I stop exercising, the ill effects of not exercising - feeling sluggish and lethargic, weight gain, flabbiness and dull skin... start to show fairly quickly.

So folks, if you've been active all this time, you're on the right track. :-)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...