Tuesday 15 July 2008

Go East

I had breakfast with SK at East Coast Park this morning, the same place I was sweating out with CH last night. I'm talking about our night run at the park while YK was studying in school nearby.

I love the East! CH has lived here all his life. The boys spent their growing up years in the East and their schools are located here. All their friends live in the East. To me, it is the best place to live in Singapore. It's minutes away from town and a short drive to the airport.

The East is vibrant and casual. I particularly love the breezy large open spaces by the beach. It is no wonder why East Coast Park Beach is the most popular park in Singapore. I believe the people in the East are more outdoorsy and active. Lots of them come out at night for an after-dinner stroll, to walk their dog or to catch a bite. It is very common to find midnight runners too. There's always something to do in the East.

Did I mention about the plethora of food here too? The East is famous for our affordable local cuisine and the freshest seafood. If you feel like indulging, there are fine eateries too.

I'm so glad we're finally moving back to the East!



Water sports and high-rise living.


Affordable local fare available 24/7.

Open field by the beach.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm you know i've been to SQ but didn't know the difference between east and west... so you're moving to the east, but your parents live on the west????

Blur Ting said...

Hi JY - You must have traveled along the east coast highway from the airport to the hotel in the city.

My parents live in the north west. right at the opposite end.

We get nice sunrise in the east and the nicest sunsets in the west.

WaterLearner said...

Yozz Ting,

You know I was a Bedokian. East Coast Parkway was a favourite hunt of mine. Especially when I was studying in TJC, East Coast Park was just a short walk away.

Blur Ting said...

Water - Hey, you're CH's junior!

The World According To Me said...

Hi Blur

Marina Bay, Mandarin Oriental hotel is in the East I believe. That's where I stayed when I travelled to Singapore. Loved the area, so I must agree with you on that one - Go East!

WaterLearner said...

CH is TJ also? What a coincidence. Which year was he? Hey CH, then you probably still know how to do the TJ Thunderation?

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Good luck with the move. The East sounds idyllic :-)

WaterLearner said...

CH,

I can still remember:

Thunder Thunder Thunderation,
We Temasek Delegation;
When we cheer with Determination,
We create a Sensation!

Blur Ting said...

World- That area is just after the East. You must have seen the coastline on the way to/fro the airport.

Blur Ting said...

Fish - Yah, you've got it right! Probably too muggy for you though...

Blur Ting said...

Wah, Water! You'll make a good cheerleader too!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...