Thursday 24 July 2008

Handing over


I hardly did any real work today. Instead,I spent most of my time doing manual labour at the old office. Today, we officially handed the unit back to the landlord. They had stipulated that the room must be given a new coat of paint though it looked perfectly white to me. So, we engaged a painter to do the job. Being an efficient worker, he completed the task within a couple of hours.
.
Just when I thought I could finally rid myself of the office, the landlord's rep Joel came along and told me to remove the carpet. What? Nobody told me anything about the carpet before! Where do they expect me to find workers at the very last minute? So I decided to do it myself!
.
It wasn't as easy as I had expected. While some of the carpet tiles could be lifted up easily, there were some stubborn pieces that refused to budge. The painter and Joel decided to pitch in to help after seeing me struggling away. Though the area isn't very big, it was pretty hard work. With their help, we managed to peel off about 100 pieces of carpet tiles and stack them into a pile within 30 minutes.
.
I think my muscles and back are going to ache like hell tomorrow. Oh well, goodbye old office.

4 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Phew, that does sound like hard work! Unexpected hard work too.
But well done for getting everything completed, just how the land lord wanted it!
Here's to your new office!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? I've never heard of that either! Do you have to pay for disposing of the carpet? I hope not!

Blur Ting said...

Actually I was supposed to dispose of the carpet but after some negotiation with the landlord, they agreed to get the carpet guys whom they have engaged to lay new carpet today to get rid of the old ones too. Phew!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gee, that's the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. And you're pretty resourceful to be able to do it yourself. At least they decided to help you out in the end. Hope your back doesn't give you too much trouble though ...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...