Thursday 24 July 2008

To the Garden Fest


Shhh, don't tell anyone at my office that I'm stealing 2 hours this morning to visit the Singapore Garden Festival at Suntec Convention Centre. I'm dying to see the awarding winning fantasy garden themed "Seeking Shangri-La" inspired by the James Hilton novel Lost Horizon. It's a lavish depiction of an underwater mythical paradise using plants to create coral-like formations. It won our local designer Peter Cheok the Best of Show award. How intriguing!

I would love to see The Green Breeze, a serene garden sanctuary built like a secret hideaway by Japanese designer Ishihara. I can't wait to see how Canadian Hitomi Gilliam uses flowers to showcase the four seasons of the Canadian Northen Frontier too!

I'm sure I'll get lots of inspiration from these talented designers. Even though the show is on for a week, I'm going on the first day to avoid the weekend crowd. I guess the best time to go is when everyone is stuck in the office.... unless they're stealing time off like me. Wanna join me?

Oh, I just read that the Ikea Annual Clearance Sale ends this Sunday! I should swing by to get that candle stand I had been eyeing on too. Ah, looks like I need one more hour. Shhh!

2 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Sounds like something pretty interesting, have fun and I won't tell no one you're sneaking out for a couple of hours ... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Eveгу weеkend i used to visit this web pagе, bеcauѕе i wish fог enjoymеnt, since
this thіѕ site conations tгuly gоod funnу mateгіаl tοo.


Also visіt mу web sitе :: skin lightener without hydroquinone

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...