Sunday 27 July 2008

Through the years...

Lately it feels a little different when I'm out with the kids. For a start, I can hardly call them boys now. With them towering over me, I feel like I'm protected by two bodyguards everywhere I go.

It wasn't too long ago when I was still changing their diapers and carrying them in my arms. How time flies. All the baby talk is gone now. We hold proper conversations and exchange stories about life, friends and music. We enjoy going out for a good meal together. We're the biggest critiques of TV shows and we argue and debate all the time.

Through the years, I have watched them grow. I can say I know almost everything about them. They are often baffled that I can read their mind. But of course. I'm their mommy. Regardless of how tall they've grown or how old they've become, they're still my kids.


Still very young.


Yah, bigger now.

Not quite as tall as me yet.

Catching up...

13 comments:

WaterLearner said...

You must be proud of them. And they must be equally proud to have you as their dear mommy.

Blur Ting said...

Yah, I'm proud of them. I miss them when they're in school yet when they're at home making so much noise, I wish they were in school....

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel - my older daughter is about 10cm taller than I am and my second daughter is the same height as me and she is still in primary school! Like you, I'm so blessed to be really close to my children and we can talk just about anything & everything :)

Blur Ting said...

CKL - As mothers, we go through the various stages of their growth. It's amazing how they transform while we kinda remain the same.

Anonymous said...

yep i think we're still in the "baby" stage..but they are still our babies...no matter if we're 80 and they're 60 or whatever! you got two good looking young men there blur!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yes YK is all grown up now.
SK - oh he is forever a cute baby in my mind :) I still think of him as a toddler beginning to speak and to draw.

Amel said...

I must say that you look more and more beautiful as time goes by. :-)))

Blur Ting said...

JY - I know what you mean. When I look at their face, I still see the baby in them. It's hard to shake off that feeling because we've cared for them since birth.

Blur Ting said...

MH - I think it is very normal to think of the youngest in the family as the 'baby' who never grows up. You saw them pretty often when they were little, so it is natural for you to remember them that way :-)

Blur Ting said...

Thank you Amel. I used to look more mumsy when the kids were younger. I ate alot of their leftovers and had no time to workout and doll up :-))

The World According To Me said...

Great pics.
I always feel like my mum can read my mind. It must be a mum thing.

Unknown said...

what a sweet post.
so there is an end to this mumsy look :) i look forward to not eating leftovers and having more time to workout and doll up ;D

Amel said...

It's not about looking mumsy, you know. There's this glow around you that I can see more now...plus this hmmm...I don't know how to put it.

It's just this more sophisticated, liberated (or confident?), mature, adventurous look on your face he he he he he...That's the best I can describe it. I hope it makes sense he he he...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...