Tuesday 24 February 2009

Gonna be busy

Now that I'm straddling between two businesses, there's so much to do and so little time. With a business, there is no such thing as finishing your work and shutting down when you get home. Your mind is constantly thinking of how to market your products and promote the business.

Best friend is an engineer by training. Being the methodological type, she's tasked to do most of the R&D work and work processes. I'm supposed to be the one with the creative flair, so I'm in charge of A&P which means I should start working on the website, corporate identity and brand building.

I've just dug out a pile of books from my library. It's time to read them again for ideas and inspiration.

We have plans to go on roadshows and events that can help us to build our distribution network. Since we're both doing this part-time for now, I can forsee our weekends will be spent working from now on. I'll have to find more efficient ways to juggle between housework, business and personal time now.

The consolation is we're doing something that we enjoy and we both love being outdoors. If our hobby is able to bring us income, that's a happy situation to be in.

4 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Your official company site is going to be Ms Green Fingers? I would put an ad for you at my humble blog. Free Ad, I mean.

Good Luck!

Blur Ting said...

Thanks! The company has a different name and website. Not sure if I want to link both Green Fingers and the new website together or not yet but thank you so much for your generous offer. Once my website is up and running, I will come and ask for link love :-)

WaterLearner said...

Sincerity and a Dare to Try Enthusiasm is the best marketing plan. You can do it. Let me know the site soon. I will put a permanent link at the side of my humble blog.

I am genuinely happy for your new biz venture. All the Best!

The World According To Me said...

What more could you ask for, making money from something you enjoy, with your best friend!

You go girl! You deserve to do well with your enthusiasm and expertise.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...