Wednesday 18 February 2009

When I was small...

When I was younger, I used to wonder if I would become a different person as I age. By that I mean would I change the way I dress, veer away from the bohemian kind of clothes that I adore, style my hair differently or change my behavoir in my golden years?

In other words, would I end up with the curly auntie hairdo (like a hair perm gone wrong) and wear loose floral shirts and samfu pants like the granny next door? Would I still be funny and goofy? Will I have problem communicating with the young or be hampered by generation gap? Will I become naggy and bitter?

As I age gradually, I realise I'm still the same old person with the same old preferences and tastes. I still won't date men with skinny legs (ok, ok, maybe I will if he has a really nice personality) or have an afro. I'm still a boho chick (an older one no doubt) though I am no longer comfortable wearing anything too gaudy or revealing.

My taste in music hasn't changed and I do enjoy the same kind of songs the kids listen to. While I'm older and wiser now, I still behave like a child sometimes. Whilst my body is no longer as agile and energetic as before, I am still game for a good run or hike up the hills.

Yah, I realise I'm pretty much the same old person albeit one with alot more life experiences behind me. As a result, I am less impulsive and more aware of the consequences of my actions.

So for the younger ones out there who wonder about what old foggies like us are thinking... well, I hope I've solved your mystery.

4 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Haha, I'll probably be different. Like I'll be a lot more grumpy, cranky, and nag more - ok, that's nothing new actually :)

Amel said...

Interesting. I actually never thought if I'd change as I grew older in terms of preferences and hobbies. Sure people change depending on many factors, but I used to think that old people (above 30 years old) looked SO mature in my young mind.

Turns out I'm now 30 but I don't feel all that mature at all (not compared to the concept of maturity in my young mind) ha ha ha ha...I still love being childlike and there are still SO SO SO many questions unanswered yet...we're just humans. :-))))

Blur Ting said...

MH- :-) I won't go near you.

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Hey, I used to think that too when I was young.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...