Sunday 15 February 2009

Big lips

I slammed into my glass door on Saturday night and ended up with a bruised forehead, bleeding lips, a painful elbow and knee. My lips are still a little swollen today. In fact, I look like I had silicone lip injection. I'm glad my nose didn't get hurt badly. For once, I am thankful to be blessed with a flat nose.

It's funny now when I think back but I was lucky I didn't shatter the glass or kill myself with the kitchen scissors. That night I went out to the patio with a pair of scissors to cut some vegetables. My mind was somewhere else and I had forgotten that I closed the balcony door behind me (to prevent Rusty from running out).

I was probably too excited to rush back to the kitchen clutching a bunch of chye sim that I walked through the glass door. It was dark outside whereas the living room was brightly lited. So, in a moment of distraction, the glass door became invisible.

I'm a fast walker even at home. I like dashing about from room to room and as a result, I bump into furniture all the time because my house is so small. I get nasty bruises from getting off my car too quickly or from bumping into the corner of tables and cabinets. Have I forgotten the time when I tripped and fell so hard, my toe nail got ripped off?

It's time for me to slow down. I used to get annoyed with the kids because they move too slowly but at least they don't hurt themselves or fall flat on their face like me.

14 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

i rammed meself into a glass bay window at One George Street one night! my frd laughed till she got stitches.....

glad my nose wasn't flattened! LOL

Blur Ting said...

Ouch! It does sound funny leh. Like how Garfield gets plastered to the car window like that :-)

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

exactly, sister! i saw a new tea selling on the shelf of a cafe and tot it was organic hence walked towards it, wanting to see if i can see the brand through the glass window.

but my depth of perception was so poor, i tot the glass had some distance from me!

*BANG!*

and there u go, comedy night for me frd. LMAO

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ouch, that actually sounded worse than me hitting a tree :(

Blur Ting said...

Fry - All-glass buildings are nice to look at but not very people or cat-friendly.

Blur Ting said...

MH - Hitting a tree sounds really bad too! Sigh, we're all accident prone people.

Anonymous said...

Oh be careful....!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

did i mentioned the time i walked into a lamp post in my sec sch? and 2x??

tat was some class act....LOL

a wonder my brain is still more or less ok! LOL

Blur Ting said...

JY - Thank you. It was painful I had tears rolling down my cheeks! I better remember the pain.

Blur Ting said...

Fry - Aiyo! Maybe that's why you're so funny. You've awaken the funny bone!

The World According To Me said...

Oh dear. That must have hurt! I bet you won't do that again!
Hope you're okay.

J@n!ce said...

That sounded painful to me. How your "silicone lips" are healing?

Why not paste some decorative glass sticker at last the glass will become more visible?

Blur Ting said...

World - You betcha! Now I am so careful when I walk through that area.

Blur Ting said...

Janice - Actually the glass is tinted and very visible. I was just being careless. My lips are still swollen and inflammed with ulcers now.Pain pain!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...