Saturday 5 September 2009

Another cookout

We're having a small pool party at CH's house today. That means we need some food! When I heard our Korean friend EY reminiscing about curry chicken the last time she was in Singapore, I knew I had to make curry for her!

I combined two different kinds of pastes in a wok to make a really thick aromatic rempah before adding in the chicken pieces (smeared with curry paste), lemon grass and potatoes.

After dry frying the ingredients for some 15 minutes, I added in water, followed by coconut milk.

After bubbling for some 30 minutes, I was happy to see a layer of red chilli oil floating on top of the curry. That means the fragrant pot of curry is ready. I separated the curry into two pots - one for the kids and the other for the party.

I wanted a sweet and refreshing dessert to wash the spiciness down, so the simplest dessert to make is cheng tng. Simply throw barley, green bean, white fungus, red dates, ginkgo nuts, dried longan and lots of pandan leaves into a big pot of water and boil.

The pot is now sitting in the fridge. By the time the pool party starts, it will be nice and cold.

7 comments:

charlie hotel said...

There's still a slight drizzle. Fnigers crossed.

ST said...

I m missing your curry now...(*sob sob)

Blur Ting said...

CH - I'm not going into the pool. Brrr!

Blur Ting said...

ST - Nehmind, I'll cook for you when you come over!

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

*raise hands + feet up*

I ALSO WANT. *WIDE GRIN*

Amel said...

Yum yum...I can smell the curry he he he...and never tried that dessert (I think), but looks good. :-D

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow your food looks so delicious!!! You're such a great cook!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...