Sunday 13 September 2009

SK's birthday

My little boy turns 15 today. His birthday is just a day ahead of mine, maybe that explains why he is like me in so many ways. He's down-to-earth, independent and very sensible. He loves the outdoors and takes good care of his body.

He may be big and strong, but to me, he's still my little boy. The one with the softest brown hair and shy smile. And the one who rarely demands anything from me. All the more reason why I should give him a special birthday treat.

We can't do much on a school day, so we went for dim sum lunch yesterday. Then at night, we celebrated his birthday with a gorgeous Blackforest cake at my parent's home.


At this age, I've stopped fussing over my own birthday but good old C.H. bought me a delicious mango cake.

We had plenty of cake to eat last night. Rusty's birthday falls in the month of September too, so he helped to blow the candle and eat my cake.

I received a digital photo frame from C.H who had thoughtfully preloaded photos of me and my loved ones he had captured on his camera over the years. That was very sweet of him.

7 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

happy birthday Blur Ting + SK!!

i wish the both of u happiness, health, wealth, career (ok, SK may need to wait a bit for tis kekeke) contentment!

=))))

Anonymous said...

Wow happy birthday to both you and SK! And wasn't CH nice to give you a present and a cake! Both cakes looked delish btw....I would have a hard time choosing. Your kids are so big already.... It must be nice to have a child with a birthday so near...and that he is so much like you...! May this year be the best year yet for you and SK.

rokujen` said...

happy birthday blurting!
your blog is one of the longest which ive followed..
keep it up, and keep up the Good Life~!
:)

k@Ye_ said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Happy Birthday to you two :)

Blur Ting said...

Thank you everyone, for the birthday wishes! :-)

The World According To Me said...

Happy Birthday SK! And Blur! And Rusty! Love the pictures. I love black forest!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...