Wednesday 9 September 2009

Chill

It's the fourth day of the school holiday and I haven't done a thing for the kids. Maybe I'll stay away from the office today and bring them somewhere.

When they were younger, the planning starts way before the school holidays. Where to bring them? What to do? When to apply leave?

Now that they're older and independent, I have forgotten how to have fun. Even planning a holiday seems so difficult. They have their own schedules and opinions, I can no longer drag them anywhere I fancy. Now, they even find my choice of holiday destinations too exotic.

In some ways, my own plans are on hold too. I guess we're at that stage where they're still boys, not quite grown up yet, hence still dependent on me in many ways.

I know what we'll end up doing on my off day. You will see us at the fish farm! Hiaz.

2 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I have this same problems when it comes to holidays and the kids. They're always complaining that they're bored staying home all day long and the school term is going to end in November and I'm gonna have to think of something soon ...

Anonymous said...

You know...hubs has gotten into this fish thing... that will be a post in itself, which btw, wanted to let you know I'm back in blogland... geesh...

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...