Monday 14 September 2009

One year already?

While walking Rusty after dinner, it suddenly dawned on me that I've been doing this same routine for one year. In a nutshell, I've been cooking, cleaning, working and walking Rusty for a year now. It wasn't that hard, was it?

Looking back, the months leading to the move were the most stressful. I had mixed feelings about leaving my parents. Then there was the mortgage to deal with, plus the furnishing, painting and flooring. We were heartbroken to leave Rusty behind because we were afraid he couldn't cope with apartment living. And he got into a bad fight which made us change our mind.

Everyone, including Rusty, is happily settled now. The boys have their own space, so there is nothing to squabble about. We have cable TV and reliable internet connection now, so the kids have no reason to be bored. Everywhere is within easy accessibility, they no longer rely on me to drive them around.

How quickly we've all adapted. All the homesickness that used to plague me is gone. Instead of missing my parents, I look forward to our weekly gatherings at their home.

I've almost forgotten what life at the farm was like. Geez, I'm still amazed at how quickly time flies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really has! Has it really been a full year???

huier said...

Happy Birthday Ting! Stay healthy n happy! All my best! =)

Blur Ting said...

JY - Yes!

Blur Ting said...

Huier - I must thank you so much for the lovely gift. You're such a sweet person to always remember my birthday! :-)

EE said...

How time flies?! Amazing...

EE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TT! XOXO, EH and EE.

Amel said...

It's been A YEAR already? Gee...I didn't notice. I also still remember clearly about your mixed feelings and the things you mentioned in this post. Oh dear...time flies too quickly he he...

The World According To Me said...

Time really does fly by sometimes. I'm glad you're settled now, it's hard to adjust at first but it's worth it in the end.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...