Monday 7 September 2009

Forgotten vacation

It has been an uninspiring day at work. I feel restless and bored.

When that happens, I check out interesting holiday destinations. After catching the "Palace on Wheels" show on Discovery Travel last night, I spent the entire morning thinking about it.

Nine years ago, I had already started dreaming of boarding the luxury train that takes one on a journey through the bygone era of the erstwhile Maharajas.

I had longed to see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra and The Pink City in Jaipur. Then I must have gotten sidetracked along the way for 9 years have passed and I have not set foot in India.


Today I see the beautiful sights dancing before my eyes, beckoning me once again. I want to be there, taking in the splendours of Rajasthan.

The Royal Rajastan on Wheels will take me through the princely states of Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur and Bharatpu, an expedition that promises to take me back into history.

Yah, I cannot wait for it to become a reality. I must make it a reality.

4 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Then go! Everyone needs a break!!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Wow, that's like a few hundred dollars a night thing...

Blur Ting said...

Yes,it is very expensive which explains why I haven't gone.

Amel said...

Ohhhh...I hope your dream comes true then in the future. :-)))

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...