Tuesday 15 September 2009

Happy birthday

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes! My lovely reader, Huier, sent me a gardening journal and lovely card. That's such a great gift. Thanks so much!

The day went by without any fanfare. In fact, it was a rather humdrum kind of day. Sometimes birthdays mess up a person's mind. We're conditioned to expect it to be extra special and exciting.

While I always attempt to make birthdays special for my kids and loved ones, I was disappointed that none of them put in any effort today. I wasn't expecting a party or anything, but still...

I guess boys are just not into such things. After a long day at work, I wasn't planning on slogging in the kitchen on my birthday, so I suggested going out for dinner. Imagine, I have to give myself a treat on my birthday! Sad.

YK must have felt sorry for me because he went to the florist and bought me a bouquet of lilies after dinner. That finally brightened up my day. Well, happy birthday to me.

6 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Amel said...

Hey, I was late!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to youuuuuu...wish your dreams come true!!! :-D

At least you've got lilies in the end. R2 is never a flower guy. I've never got any flowers from him he he he...but anyway, it doesn't matter 'coz I get flowers from his Mom HA HA HA...

The World According To Me said...

Happy Birthday Blur! If you lived nearer I would have made a fuss of you. Lovely lilies.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again! That is a beautiful garden journal!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

It's your birthday? Oh man, I didn't realize. Anyways, a happy belated birthday to you :D

ST said...

Happy Birthday Ting!! ^__^

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...