Saturday 26 September 2009

Saturday madness

Now that we're more adept at packing the gardening kits, we finished the job in double quick time today. Of course it helped that EE stopped by to lend a hand. Her mum chipped in too. It was good fun. Thanks EE!

Once the kits are delivered next week, I can take a breather and claim back my Saturdays again. I didn't even find time to read the papers today, which is a rarity.

Something funny happened tonight. The kids and I were looking forward to a hearty dinner at my parent's home as usual but when we got there, they had already finished eating. Apparently mum wasn't expecting us for dinner, so she didn't prepare our meals. I must have told her more than once that we were coming.

This is not the first time it has happened. Mum's already deaf in one ear and I fear her hearing in the good ear is deteriorating. I do feel sorry for her.

The kids were starving, so we ended up buying food from the food court nearby. The day is already coming to an end, I look forward to a more relaxing Sunday.

3 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

If hearing isn't a problem, check for alzheimer's. But I honestly hope that it is just a one-time thing.

Amel said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My MIL can't hear well, so she has to use a hearing device on one ear. When she takes it off, we have to shout so that she can hear what we're saying.

Wish you more relaxing Sundays later! :-)))

EE said...

I heard you telling your mom you'd be home for dinner. Oops. Poor her! Y'day was all fun for the family and EH was sound asleep by the time we got home. :-)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...