Not too long ago, I started a blog about business and I've decided to reproduce some of the posts here for anyone who's interested to become an entrepreneur one day.
As a business owner, I know lots of other entrepreneurs like me. Many of them are very close business associates. As I mingle with them over the years, I find that most of us speak the same lingo even though we're all from different parts of the world.
So, there seem to be some common traits of entrepreneurs. Maybe some are born this way, whereas other simply evolve over time. Some obvious characteristics include:
1. We work harder than anyone else. We are exchanging emails or talking over the phone at all hours of the day, and we never complain about the long hours that we put in. Well, it's our business afterall.
2. We are willing to fly across time zones to meet customers or suppliers if we have to. We do it because we know it makes a difference to our business. We do so willingly.
3. We don't like to haggle over small things and we believe in sharing ideas and leads. To have a small percentage of a big pie is much better than having an entire small pie to yourself.
4. We have the vision to see what is possible. We think of all ways to overcome roadblocks to turn our vision into reality.
5. We are passionate, not only about the business but other things in general. Some of my business friends are passionate about golf or sailing.
6. We are not smarter than anyone else. In fact, most of us did not excel in school. We're probably more opportunistic and willing to take action. In other words...have control over our lives.
7. We don't give up easily. I have known many successful entrepreneurs who fall, pick themselves up quickly and start over again. We have the never-say-die attitude.