Monday 3 August 2009

Monday blues

I found myself in a lousy mood last night and went to bed at 8.30pm and woke up feeling guilty this morning.

It must have been the hot weather yesterday. While I was hoping for a restful afternoon, I found myself running errands instead - remitting money for mum's domestic maid, depositing a cheque at the bank, picking up a pair of concert tickets for YK and buying health supplements for mum.

After doing errands for everyone, I wanted to treat myself to some new clothes but got bored soonafter.

Just when I stepped into my house, feeling drained and hot, YK called to ask if I could pick him. "Get home yourself!", I ordered.

"I'm at the fish farm, it's very remote here. No cabs or buses.", he replied.

I felt my blood pressure rise and gave him a long lecture about his obsession. Sensing how serious I was, he didn't dare to retort.

I showed up with a sooty face and drove home in awkward silence. As I busied myself in the kitchen, I started getting mad at SK for coming home late. I had just reminded him to come straight home after school instead of playing basketball with his friends. In between cooking dinner, I sent him a barrage of text messages, showing my displeasure.

We got fed-up of waiting and started dinner without him. He showed up quietly minutes later and joined us at the table. For some reason, the food tasted really bland and nobody was in the food for eating. I tossed all the leftovers in the bin and went to bed. I barked at Rusty for getting in my way. Then I fell asleep.

9 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

Oh... ummm... PMS?

Blur Ting said...

Hehe, not that time of the month but I've been feeling really tired lately. And it's just one of those days, busy but doing nothing but errands.

charlie hotel said...

Just another one of those days...

k@Ye_ said...

Hope ur day will be better! My Mon also none the better!

We will hv a good week ahead, long weekend! :)

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

a better day tomorrow~! =)

huier said...

U need to sleep! Quality sleep and rest. Don't forget your vitamin F...for fruits! =)

WaterLearner said...

From your recent posts dreaming of holidays. I guess this serves as quite a sign that you might be needing a good break away from everything for yourself.

Like I always said, I can't help by marvel at the number of errands to run by you everyday. A business to run, somemore!

Australia's relaxing atmosphere seems to be calling passionately to you as I read all your recent posts of past visits to down under :-)

ckl said...

Take a half-day break, take a stroll on the beach, listen to the sea, you will come back all relax and smiling again :-)

Blur Ting said...

Thanks pals, I'm fine now. Had a busy but productive day.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...