Sunday 9 August 2009

Happy Birthday Singapore!


I'm celebrating National Day with tang yuan (glutinuous rice balls cooked in sweet peanut soup) tonight, where we will all gather at my parent's house to watch the National Day Parade.

Today Singapore celebrates 44 years of independence. While many people do not appreciate what they're blessed with, I'm proud to be a Singaporean.

To me, Singapore is a very liveable city. While it is tiny compared to other countries, it is well managed and safe. The citizens are well taken care of. The streets are clean and well-lit at night. Kids of all races and backgrounds are given equal opportunity to enrol in our schools. It's easy to start a business without any redtape. Food is plentiful and varied. The infrastructure is excellent.

Maybe I'm easily satisfied but I'm happy to be a citizen. Happy birthday Singapore!

3 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Happy Independence day Singapore :D

EE said...

I am proud to be a Singaporean - it is the city of Eureka. Everything considered, Singapore is a great place to raise kids - lack of crime & violence & drugs & guns, friendly people and well run systems.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

word!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...