Saturday 22 August 2009

Win-win

Rusty is getting a little too chubby. He couldn't even leap onto my bed my morning. It's quite appalling because he was such a hurdler. The city life is definitely taking a toll on him.

So the training must certainly go on. The same 1.5km route took us only 30 minutes today. Maybe the early morning downpour had washed away all traces of dog pee, for he didn't make as many stops today.

I've learned another new trick myself. Instead of twiddling my thumbs while Rusty's doing his business, I continue jogging on the spot, sometimes I run backwards to train a different set of thigh muscles. Seeing me running around him must be unsettling for doggie but at least he's not under any pressure to move.

This way, I don't compromise on my exercise while he can linger as long as he likes. It's a win-win for us. Even though we were out for only 30 minutes, I returned home soaked in sweat, sign of a decent workout. Now why didn't I think of this earlier!

2 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

woohoo!! 3 cheers for Blur Ting + Chubby Rusty!

hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!

*confetti + pop no-calorie champagne*

*WIDE GRIN*

Petunia Lee said...

Way to go girl!!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...