Tuesday 11 August 2009

Running again?

For some reason, I've lost some functions on my blog editor, I can't put up photos anymore. Bummer!

I got tired of feeling tired and lethargic, so I got up earlier to run this morning. When I recall those glorious days where I participated in the major running events, I wish I were fit and energetic again.

Honestly, it is hard to sneak in even that 30 minutes for a run everyday. I got home at 4pm yesterday and was still in my working attire, shoving soiled clothes into the washer at 9.30pm. Somehow, there's always something more pressing to do at home.

After going through my daily schedule a million times, I realise the only way out is to wake up at 5am to go for a quick jog around the neighbourhood.

Honestly, it can be quite scary running alone when the streets are so quiet and dark. It's something I have to get used to. I'll stick to the brightly lit areas instead of the quiet running paths along the canal. Good thing is, the morning air is cool and fresh.

Rusty was surprised I left the house without him and was waiting by the door when I returned. Walking him around the estate after my run gave me an opportunity to cool down before I took a shower and get the boys ready for school.

I must say the morning jog was rejuvenating. I do miss that adrenalin rush and profuse sweating after a good run. Walking the dog, no matter how far we go, can never give me the same rush.

Maybe it's because I'm enthusiastic to start exercising again, I had no trouble getting out of bed this morning. I'm not sure how long this new found passion will last. It's important for me to go to bed early so I don't lose out on precious sleep.

9 comments:

auntielucia said...

5am jogs: pse remember that low crime doesn't mean no crime...says someone who thinks it's barbaric to rise be4 8.30am ;)

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

ah, i'll be jogging when i move home to the new place, very little traffic = low exhaust = better health.

i cant get why my dad + bro wants to jog by such a busy road but i guess we don't have much choice. LOL

charlie hotel said...

You could run around inside the estate but that would look dorky :-)

Blur Ting said...

Auntie Lucia - Yes, I do realise that which is why I haven't tried until today. We have a gym but it doesn't open that early.

Blur Ting said...

Fry - Runners like the convenience of being able to exercise the moment they step out the door (speaking for myself), so I guess that's why we don't mind the busy road and exhaust.

Blur Ting said...

CH - I don't like going round and round a small area or stadium cos I get bored. Plus when you run outside, you have no choice but to run home no matter how far you've gone.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I know that feeling. I haven't run in ages too and I've been telling myself tomorrow, tomorrow and more tomorrows ... I just cannot for the life of me get up at 5am to run. I've tried that and failed miserably every time ....

Blur Ting said...

Nick - Cos I'm vain! But now I am suffering from lack of sleep. Feel like a zombie.

WaterLearner said...

Keep it up!!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...