Tuesday 18 August 2009

Medical leave

Working from home is nice and relaxing. The apartment is cool, bright and breezy. I leave the windows wide open and hear the leaves rustling outside all day long.

Except for the occasional dog barking in the distance, the estate is surprisingly quiet during the day. The environment is great for working actually. In between work, I water the plants, potter about and make myself a sandwich.

At some point, my head felt heavy and the throat was scratchy. This virus is indeed infectious. Even the flu vaccine cannot help me this time, so I went to the doctor before it gets too bad.

"Do you suffer from depression?", she asked, before prescribing Tamiflu. We've heard reports of people hallucinating or becoming suicidal after taking the medicine. While some doctors are strongly against this prescription, my doctor thinks otherwise. Even her 4 year old daughter had completed a course. "Kids are more resilient than you think.", she said.

SK is halfway through the course and hasn't developed any side effects. He's fine now though the cough hasn't gone away. I'm on the 3rd pill and it does mess up the mind a little. I didn't sleep well last night. My mind was too busy with vivid dreams. In my dream, I kept asking myself, "Am I hallucinating already?"

Other than that, I'm fine. The medicine must have stopped the flu from developing. I can return to work tomorrow though honestly, working from home is so nice.

13 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Good to know the medication helped :D

k@Ye_ said...

Rest well! :

WaterLearner said...

Take Care! Lot's of water & rest.

jyankee said...

Good! Prevention was good! Glad it didn't develop into anything worse. Japan is going thru this crisis... knock on wood.. we are all fine.. it looks like you all will be too!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Rest well. If you're home, you can keep SK & RUsty company, I'm sure the two of them want you to be home :)

auntielucia said...

Always have a low dosage of vitamin C -- say 200mg daily. And colds and coughs will be kept at bay. Take care!

WaterLearner said...

Just popping by to see how you are doing. You should be better today? I wonder if it's due to the haze, my eyes tear a lot this morning after I reached the office.

Blur Ting said...

Nick - Yup, I'm well now!

Blur Ting said...

Kaye - Thanks!

Blur Ting said...

Water - Hey, thanks for checking on me. I'm well again. The flu-like symptoms have gone.

Maybe your eye is tearing due to the haze. It does look a little hazy today.

Blur Ting said...

JY - Hey, good to see you here! I'm taking precaution because I don't want YK and my parents to get infected.

You guys take care too since it is getting colder now in Japan.

Blur Ting said...

MH - Yes, Rusty was the happiest!

Blur Ting said...

Auntie Lucia - The trouble with me is I don't have the discipline to eat supplements. I start one day and forget all about it days later.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...