Tuesday 1 January 2008

Food, glorious food!

While I am still organising my travelogue, I shall leave you all drooling over the yummy dishes that we ate.

Everyone knows that no trip is complete for Blur Ting until she had tasted the local cuisine. Being in Thailand, we tried all the popular Thai dishes, especially the Northern Thai cuisine which is milder and not so spicy. From the red to yellow and green curries, Thai sausages and street food to Western dishes, we had it all. In fact, we ended our year with a Gala Dinner at our hotel where we helped ourselves to the sumptuous International Buffet....from Vietnamese pancakes to German Pork Knuckle, oh, we simply ate our way through Chiangmai!

Thai glass noodle salad.


Minced pork salad.

Fried rice with local Thai sausage.


Yellow chicken curry, fried chicken wings and rice (in a cute turtle shape).

Grilled river prawns.

The really spicy Tom Yum soup.


Street food at the flea market.


All kinds of sausages at the flea market.

Chicken/potato red curry, stir-fried morning glory and spicy cuttlefish.


I had steaming hot pork porridge for breakfast one cold morning.

CH had omelete and bacon.

Banana fritter served with ice cream.

For dinner one night, we ordered mixed grill, fried Padthai noodle and a pot of hot soup.

I had the traditional Thai porridge with salted fish, pickled vegetable and dried shrimp for breakfast on another morning.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ate enough to fuel 3 marathons but only ran half of one!

Amel said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

My hubby's lucky that I'm SO full now, otherwise I'll start moaning about all the GREAT food you've eaten and I'm gonna bite him instead HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...WONDERFUL pics!!!!

The World According To Me said...

Happy New Year!
I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2008.

I love your photos. The food looks good enough to eat!

SOUL said...

can i come live with you? i can't believe you don't weigh 400 pounds!!! i sure would if i ate that food .
happy new year!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

BT, it's 9.30am in the morning and I'm in the office and I'm getting hungry just looking at all those mouth watering pictures of food! You're cruel ... LOL!

Oh and a Happy New Year to you.

The Real Mother Hen said...

I really can do with a big bowl of tom yam right now :)

Anonymous said...

DAMNNN I had to look at this before lunch.....!

Blur Ting said...

Don't be jealous cos I'm back on a very bland diet. I need to get back in shape or Charlie Hotel may kick me out...

WaterLearner said...

Great Pictures. I am sure the trip left you fully recharged!!

Blessings Buddy!

Happy New Year!

La delirante said...

Oh my goodness! I have just had lunch and am already hungry after seeing your food pictures! Those river prawns look delicious!! Oh, traveling is so wonderful :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...