Saturday 5 January 2008

Hectic weekend

I just came back from a 2-hour run with the Mt Faber running club. While it was a cool morning run, the undulating terrain was challenging for someone like me who's so used to training on the treadmill. Now I know why the MF runners are such good runners. They run up to 60km a week on the hilly terrain.

Now that school has started, the old routine of sending SK for tuition on Sundays will commence this afternoon. If my energy level remains high, I'll go trekking up the Bt Timah hill while waiting for him to finish. We'll see...

Anyway, we were at the Wakeboard & Wakeskate Championship at the Cable-Ski Park yesterday afternoon. Hope you enjoy the photos!


We had ice-kachang (shaved ice with syrup and lots of goodies inside) before walking to the cable ski park.


The Thai ladies were really good at this. They looked so sexy too!


It was entertaining watching the guys as they attacked the many specially designed obstacles in the Cable Park and launched aerial manoeuvres around the corners.


More Thai sportswomen...



Three judges and a dog.


Hot bod!

Well, it was hard work watching the fit and beautiful bodies flying above water, I had to refuel by eating rojak (fruit salad with sweet syrup and generous peanut topping) after the event!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's all about food and refueling blur!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Whoa, those are some great shots. I know if I ever did wake baording, I;d probably drown ... LOL!

Blur Ting said...

JY - Eat and burn, that's my motto! That was all I had for lunch you know....oh, plus one curry puff and 3 sticks of satay :-P

Blur Ting said...

Nick - I won't do it too. It looks easy but my friends who have tried the cable ski said it's hard! The close ups action shots are taken by CH cos his camera has 18x zoom.

Mike Minzes said...

God, I got to get back to Singapore!!

Amel said...

Hey, we also have some kind of ice-kachang in Indo, though the name is different. I LOVE that dessert!!!

And we also have rujak...my Mom's a BIG fan of it, though we don't normally pour peanuts on top of it he he he...

J@n!ce said...

Is the place at ECP near the eatery?
I passed the place & took some pic last month. Now that I read your post.... its called Cable-Ski Park?

LOL... I din even know there's a name to it :)

Blur Ting said...

Yup, that't the place! It is called cable ski park.

The World According To Me said...

I would be rubbish at that sport! But the pictures are impressive.
Love the look of the food too!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...